All About Kylie

This is a place where we can post updates on Kylie and her achievements.

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Family Vacation





















I am sorry I am finally getting around to posting about our vacation in September. We flew out to New Jersey to visit my relatives and go to the beach. Kylie did great on the plane- only a few temper tantrums when we had to put the dvd player away to land. She also got a little antsy while we sat for an hour on the runway on our way out. But who wouldn't? I was about to throw a tantrum myself by the time we took off. We made it to Newark though and got the rental car with my dad and off to grandma's. This was the first time my grandpa was going to meet Kylie. This was the second for my grandma but it may as well have been the first for her. Their town always has a Labor Day parade that we went to when we were little every year. We were also in it one time, and dressed in traditional Polish costumes and road the float of the Polish Home. So I am glad Kylie got to experience it (not that she'll really remember it, but I will!). Kylie did great during that and was a champ for her nap that afternoon- a little trouble getting her to fall asleep but she did and it was fine. She did great sleeping in the hotel room with us too- except in the mornings she'd see us right when she woke up and would pop her little head over the top of her bed and stare at us.

The beach was awesome! It was at Avalon, the beach we always went to when we were little. Kylie did wonderful- she loved the ocean. She would only go in if she went in herself. She wouldn't let us set her down in the water, or hold her hand and walk in. She had to do it all by herself. Of course when a big wave came and knocked her down, THEN she wanted us to hold her hand ;) She also liked it when we carried her out to the waves up to our waists. Grandpa and Daddy did this mostly and they all had a blast. She loved playing in the sand, and got up the courage to eat it on the last day. She learned how to make a seagull sound and when we asked what a seagull said, she'd say, "aaah aaah!" I am so glad her first time at the beach got to be at Avalon, where my first time was. She was so great the whole time, and I just can't wait for her to have little cousins to go with in the future.

2 Comments:

At 6:26 AM, Blogger JB said...

You two seriously have the cutest little girl. great vacation pictures, everything looked like so much fun...

Tell Jason that I am posting on your blog...

 
At 3:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay for All about Kylie update to make everyones day better. \o/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home